Pear Shaped body type
As a Pear Shaped body type (sometimes called triangle), your hips are larger than your bust and you have a nicely defined waist. You have an elegant neck and proportionately slim arms and shoulders. You first gain weight in your bottom and legs flowed by your tummy and upper body. Your waist is your best asset so don’t be afraid to show it off.
Tops for a Pear Body Shape
When dressing a pear body type, look for tops that will will help balance your lower half while accentuating your defined waist:
- Tops with nipped or fitted waists.
- Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U necks.
- Structured shoulders, princess or flutter sleeves.
- Embellishments around the bust and shoulders.
- Bright colors and bold patterns
Bottoms for a Pear Body Shape
To dress a pear body type, look for bottoms that will minimize your lower half:
- Lightly gathered skirts that skim your body without adding volume.
- Avoid details such as whiskering and embellished pockets.
- Pants that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.
- A-Line skirts.
- Darker colors, clean lines and simple stitching.